Some people like to dive right in and explore a program. If you are one of these types of people and want to get started right away, perform these steps to begin mapping. While we have tried to make the program as intuitive as possible, remember that redistricting is complicated.
- Once you have logged in, select a plan among the visible Template plans (perhaps the current congressional plan, for now stay away from a blank map).
- Give your plan a name.
- Press "Start Drawing".
- You will be presented with a map to edit. You're almost there. Here you can set some mapping environment. But since you are a quick starter, we will bypass these controls.
- In the upper right hand side of the map area, press "Edit Map"
- In the upper left, click the pointer icon under "Selecting Tools".
- in the upper left/middle click the drag icon under "Assigning Tools" (this tool has an arrow).
- Click on a unit of geography, it will be highlighted, which indicates it has been selected.
- Click on the select geography again, and while holding the mouse button down, move it to the district you want to assign it to.
- Once you have played around with the software, you may want to evaluate your plan and share it with others.